Delivery of a fun, exhilarating and safe skydiving experience can have an environmental impact so we employ sustainable business practices minimizing the effect we have on our environment.
- Energy efficient lighting – we’ve moved to LEDs
- Use of re-chargeable batteries for all our keyboards and radios.
- Energy audits every 6 months
- Switching off when not in use
- Use of electronic and digital products, communications and marketing to reduce use of paper.
- Recycling onsite.
- Re-use of equipment and resources across all assets of the business.
- Use of hand dryers to eliminate paper towels.
- Reducing the waste of water.
- Minimizing fuel usage and offsetting our carbon footprint through conservation projects.
- Providing a smoke free environment.
- Reduction of noise pollution through planned scenic flight.
- Working with Department of Conservation (DoC) to improve the local wetlands reserve.
- Providing a forever home for native trees by partnering with Trees For Survival where local school students plant trees they have grown from seed on our land.
- Providing our customers with the option to purchase the planting of 2 trees, or carbon credits.
- Being an informed consumer, making purchase decisions based on supplier corporate responsibilities.
- Choosing local suppliers and NZ owned companies, such as NZ Aerosports and Seabreeze Apparel.
Community and Culture
- Respecting Maori heritage in our corporate design, through newly designed merchandise and design of our reception area.
- Education of our staff, through becoming Tamaki Makaurau Auckland Ambassadors.
- Working with local groups to promote culture and history of the region.
- Supporting local charities, schools and the general community through the organising of events, fundraising and donations. Check out some of our most recent activities, including Keep New Zealand Beautiful Week & Skydive For Charity events.